147 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: End of the season  (Read 1040 times)  Share 

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
End of the season
« on: December 09, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »
I got skunked the last 3 times out. Water at long level just hit 39 degrees. Winterized the bass boat. Probably winterize the jet this week. Ended the year with a 7 fish average per day.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

End of the season
« on: December 09, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »

Offline icemole

• River Rat
Re: End of the season
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 08:47:34 AM »
 Buddy called yesterday wanted me to go out there with him.(claimed one of his "club buddies" was doing OK) I have breathing issue's and being pretty cool I decided NO. Well I guess he couldn't get anyone else either ... called me back half hour later ... Let's try Blue Marsh.  OK... I'll meet you there in case I have to leave due to breathing. Well that part was OK  BUTTTT IT WAS FREAKING COLD OUT THERE (it wasn't that bad here in the hood LOL)

I tried a drop shot the first 2 spots(going with minimal hand exposure) then at the 3rd spot(sheltered from the wind sort of) I tried a 3" twister till I lost it. It was our last spot so didn't retie. Buddy tossed a blade, ned rig and something else.

FISH + WEATHER WON .... ;D 

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 01:21:04 PM »
With the forecast of temperature well over 50 and maybe closer to 60 I was thinking about going out tomorrow, but the rain is supposed to start around noon so I think I will forget about it.  I am not ready to say it is over so I am not wintering yet.  I still have hopes for one or two more trips.

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 05:32:13 PM »
Saturday is looking good! If I get back from the mountains early enough.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 05:32:13 PM »

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »
I was thinking about trying to get out. But the weather just hasn't been cooperating. With this rain the river is suppose to come up pretty good. And with water temps where they are, I don't like running high water.
My main boat is winterized for the year. Just running my backup boat.

I'm to the point where I might do some bank fishing in a few select spots.

I'm fishing West branch at Williamsport.
Fish on...

Offline Squid Flathead

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 10:22:48 AM »
Yes... it's warm enough outside but the rain has the water rising and the banks muddy.  I too hope for more fishing before the bitter cold sets in but realistically we might be waiting til Spring.  The water level in WB is supposed to be up from 4 feet today to around 8.5 feet by Thursday... that will limit the areas that are really fishable from the bank.  Maybe the die hard boaters will be able to find success this weekend...

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 11:50:48 AM »
If I am to get out again before spring I am going to need to come up with a new thought about what is a good day.

Temperatures are trending lower and the river is up.  I haven't been out since I fixed the TM plug and I really want to try it on the water.  I may wind up going on a day when the temperature doesn't get higher than the low forties.

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 01:51:41 PM »
If I am to get out again before spring I am going to need to come up with a new thought about what is a good day.

Temperatures are trending lower and the river is up.  I haven't been out since I fixed the TM plug and I really want to try it on the water.  I may wind up going on a day when the temperature doesn't get higher than the low forties.

I hope you get a chance to get out again. Sounds like you was into them good when you shorted out.

High water looks like it will be holding me back this week.
Fish on...

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 01:51:41 PM »

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 09:34:59 AM »
High water looks like it will be holding me back this week.

I have already written off this whole week.  Between the air temp, rain/snow and river level there is no chance.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for next week.  Weather looks good enough Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Just need the river to cooperate.

Maybe I'll get out several times next week and end the season with a bang.

Offline Squid Flathead

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 01:15:51 PM »
That's the spirit!  I admire your dedication, sir! 

I am a wimp and my available daylight hours are so slim now with work.  Still-in-all, I made a new triple rod holder for fishing the bank next year and I am dying to try it out.  Maybe the river will come down 5 or 6 feet and the weather will be mild... just maybe.

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 01:27:40 PM »
Next Wednesday is looking really good.   ;)

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2019, 08:21:02 AM »
Conditions on the Juni and west side Susqy seem near perfect! I suspect DRY is going to start smoking the bass. With this high water it pushes the fish to the shoreline eddies and makes for easier catches.

I musky fish this time of year so I have no reports on bass. Muskies have been biting great for the last month though. Keep at it and fish very slow - you will be rewarded!

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2019, 08:21:02 AM »

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2019, 10:24:45 AM »
Next Wednesday is looking really good.   ;)
Monday is looking good but I will have the grand children. Wednesday is not going to fly - although no one would be surprised!  8)

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »
brrrrrrrrr its cold

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2019, 12:50:42 PM »
Really cold running 30mph up the river this time of year. After a long run - I will have ice sickles from my nose... ;D

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2019, 12:50:42 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com