1094 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: glue for plastic baits  (Read 192 times)

Online icemole

• River Rat
glue for plastic baits
« on: March 06, 2020, 10:33:25 AM »
 Way back in the day we sold "Zap-a-Gap" brand super glue at the baitshop. The stuff was great you could use it to secure baits to jigheads, repair ripped baits, glue parts to create custom baits, etc.  It worked quickly(especially on fingers LOL) and even worked on plastics that were "oily" with scent.  I see Cabala's carries it but the description reads more like using it for knots, fly heads,etc. and less on plastic repair.

They have a few similar products shown.... so what are you guys using ?

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

glue for plastic baits
« on: March 06, 2020, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Re: glue for plastic baits
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »
Way back in the day we sold "Zap-a-Gap" brand super glue at the baitshop. The stuff was great you could use it to secure baits to jigheads, repair ripped baits, glue parts to create custom baits, etc.  It worked quickly(especially on fingers LOL) and even worked on plastics that were "oily" with scent.  I see Cabala's carries it but the description reads more like using it for knots, fly heads,etc. and less on plastic repair.

They have a few similar products shown.... so what are you guys using ?
For plastic repair I read that "Mend-It" is really good. I bought some but have not used it yet. For gluing plastics to shakey heads and neko heads etc.  I use Loc-tite gel. I do not think it sets as fast as regular super glue but I think it works really well. Phil

Online icemole

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »
 Thanks for the reply starting to think it was a local thing.  I ordered some Zap A Gap....don't know when I'll get it now  ;D ...... I kind of think the owner of Cabin Creek sent it to us originally for glueing Salty Spider parts. They used to be notorious for slipping off the collar. The tackle shop I worked at was the major dealer for him in the early 90's in my area

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com