Forum > Susquehanna River Tributaries

Sunday morning bonanza

(1/1)

DRY:
Sunday morning I always make my special banana,walnut, blueberry oatmeal pancakes. My wife loves them. I get points then so I can go fishing.  ;)  :)

Arrived at the trib around 9:30 AM and there was a guy already wading downstream. I figured he went through my hole but...who knows...maybe he missed something. T'was another cold night with AM temps around 31 F this morning.

Picked up two 2-2.5 pounders on the Lockett minnow that he must have missed...and then nothing. So I moved a little downstream and put on the stone cattie that produced yesterday.

Bing! Bang! Boom!  It was a thunderous hit and felt like a BIG rock. I played her gingerly and asked her politely not to jump again.

20 inches...4 Lbs 6 oz. (here are 2 views)

Over an inch of rain is predicted in the next 24 hours...maybe her big sister will move upstream in the high water.  ;D

Bill

1iarrowking:
Wow, your amazing.  I sometimes wish I lived close to the river but I can't leave the deer hunting oasis I built over so many years of hard work.  If I lived near the river I'd also be a lot closer to William Grove and Port Royal too.  Haven't been to either one yet this year.

Heavyduty:
That's a PIG! Way to go!!

DRY:

--- Quote from: 1iarrowking on April 12, 2020, 01:16:54 PM ---... I sometimes wish I lived close to the river but I can't leave the deer hunting oasis I built over so many years of hard work...

--- End quote ---

As you chose to create your oasis...so I chose to create mine...that is establishing my home close to the Susquehanna River. It was also near to where my wife and I met and it was close to our families.
Over the last 40 years I have become quite familiar with my oasis and at age 75 it serves me well. I am blessed.

Bill

johnfries7:
that's a dandy bill jf7

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version