120 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: Docks at the ramps  (Read 370 times)  Share 

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
Docks at the ramps
« on: May 12, 2020, 11:02:17 AM »
Short of driving to a ramp to look, does anyone know how to check the status of the courtesy docks?  For those that know the Goldsboro set up there are two PFBC ramps there.  They put in the docks at the first and smaller ramp right before everything got shut down but as of last week they still had not put in the docks at the main ramp.

I generally launch at first light when it is not busy, but not having the docks makes if very difficult taking out when it is crowded.  I would like to know what is going on before I try to go there or anyplace else.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Docks at the ramps
« on: May 12, 2020, 11:02:17 AM »

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
Re: Docks at the ramps
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 02:40:00 PM »
I decided to contact the PFBC about this specific ramp.  As I suspected they have not been able to put the docks in while the lockdown had been in place.  I was able to find out that they will be able to put the docks in when the county goes into the yellow phase, river level permitting.

Not exactly what I was originally asking but at least I now know it will be soon.

Online icemole

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 07:27:27 PM »
 Well if it's anything like Blue Marsh expect that one dock to be mobbed ... although it wasn't to bad today.. of course I left by 8:30 am.... no hybrid action but almost caught 2 bass... both self released...  ;D

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 08:45:38 PM »
I figured BM would be a zoo so I havenít considered going there. Out of curiosity I did take a look at the website and saw several warnings about not parking on the road when the lots are full and about cars parking in the trailer spots.  Maybe it will get better later in the year.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 08:45:38 PM »

Online icemole

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 08:16:23 AM »
 Weekends and holidays single cars are not supposed to park in the trailer spaces no restrictions during the week(yet LOL). It used to be from Memorial weekend till Labor Day weekend but I think they expanded it a few years back. I don't think anything is done to violators other than a warning though.  I went by on Saturday mid afternoon the Church Rd. day use area was full with some cars parked along the road on both sides. Lots of cars parked down at the Mt. Pleasant Bridge too. On my way home I went the other way past the State Hill launch and there were cars parked all over the "overlook" at the top... I did not drive down.

Normally it is not too bad on weekdays, but I'm sure on a nice day it's a little more crowded since Corona. When I had my boat I would fish from about 4am till around 10am on weekends then get out of there... of course I only live 10 mins away. An overcast rainy day keeps the "other" numbers down as well and can keep the hybrids a little more active.

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 08:53:21 AM »
When I had my boat I would fish from about 4am till around 10am on weekends then get out of there...

;)

When I was working the only time I could go was on weekends.  Like you I would launch pre-dawn and fish the main points until the traffic got heavy.  At that point I would either head in or go into the no-wake zone depending on conditions.

I can remember having a peaceful morning once.  I looked down lake and it was as if a traffic light had turned green on a busy highway with all the boats headed my way.  When I checked the time it was 10am. 

Online icemole

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 07:51:59 PM »
 Yeah.... tucking back in the No Wake can lull you into a false sense of Zen.   ;D   

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 04:23:57 AM »
Yeah.... tucking back in the No Wake can lull you into a false sense of Zen.   ;D

There is a big problem with that strategy - you still need to take out and the longer you wait the worse the ramps get.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 04:23:57 AM »

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 03:30:15 PM »
I'm on the West Branch up here in Williamsport. Greevy Lauch maybe 3-4 boats during the week in normal times.
Been having 10 boats during the week, 15 on the weekend which is a lot for that launch.
They haven't even bothered putting docks in. But probably 80% of the boats launched down there are Jets.

Last Tuesday white caps on the river big time. Could only idle, worst that I have seen it, couldn't even fish.
Water temp up to 58.4 degrees.
Fish on...

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 03:30:15 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com