125 Guests, 6 Users

Author Topic: Surprise!  (Read 762 times)  Share 

Online zelmo

• River Rat
Surprise!
« on: July 12, 2020, 08:41:31 AM »
I was fishing the main stem below HBG last week.  I always have a choice - fish some grass beds trying to hook up with LM or go to some spots that hold SM this time of year.  Since I launched a little before first light I decided to hit one of the grass beds until dawn.

I only picked up one small LM so I headed for a SM location.  I spent a little less than 2 hours catching them on small finesse worms but there was no size.  A few got in the 13" -14" range but most were smaller.

A cast into a spot were I had caught two fish produced a more solid thump.  The water was fairly shallow and the fish came to the surface and tried to throw the hook.  All I saw was a huge mouth.

I knew I had a good fish on, and since I was using a very light rig I backed the drag off so I wouldn't have a problem.  I finally got the fish in the net (the first time I have felt the need to use it in weeks) and was amazed at this:

It weighed 6lbs 4oz on the digital scale.  I thought it was odd that I got a LM in the faster water that I was in.  I can only guess that it was there to eat the SM I had been catching.

I know - I need to get better at pictures.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Surprise!
« on: July 12, 2020, 08:41:31 AM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Re: Surprise!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 10:52:33 AM »
Outstanding!!
Phil

Online Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:02:21 AM »
Nice fish!!
The only fisherman you should try to be better than.
Is the fisherman you was yesterday.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:02:21 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com