132 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: Marietta  (Read 307 times)  Share 

Jerkbait and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
Marietta
« on: September 09, 2020, 05:03:05 PM »
Muddy Creek has been tough. Real hit and miss. And I am not seeing the Herons etc. Went out Marietta this AM. Quite low. Did pretty good - mostly dinks but I did get one 15"
I actually got into a few in one area. Flow was nice. Hope it does not rain too much, before the temps drop, I'd like to hit those areas again. Iphone pics.

Phil

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Marietta
« on: September 09, 2020, 05:03:05 PM »

Online zelmo

• River Rat
Re: Marietta
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 07:50:36 PM »
Well done. 

Did you launch at the ramp in the park?   That was one of the spots I checked out on Monday.  I was surprised at how shallow it was given the 33’ the gauge says is there. 

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 08:52:40 PM »
Well done. 

Did you launch at the ramp in the park?   That was one of the spots I checked out on Monday.  I was surprised at how shallow it was given the 33’ the gauge says is there.
I had to look that up! If you mean River Front Park, no. ( 40.058645°, -76.611533°) I launched at the one more south called Chickies Rock County Park ( 40.056969°, -76.535671°). Ramp is a little rough. I thought about launching tomorrow at River Front Park (deeper water and where I caught the 15" fish drop shotting), but I caught a lot of fish down river. A little brutal making it up to River Front Park. That is where I started today and worked my way down river. I am going to do the opposite tomorrow.
Right now I am sitting in spots where I often would need to anchor, in the spring. I consider normal 35' Gauge is appx 33'
Phil

Online Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 09:21:47 PM »
Again Phil good to see you catching some fish!!
And your scouting things out for Zelmo when he gets that beast in the water.

Skinny water up here...Hope we get some rain. I got a few places I would like to run this fall.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=wilp1&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

Bait this week seems to be a Ned/ green pumpkin. Just can't catch anything with any size.
Even caught a couple of sunny's. Water was 74 degrees today.
Fish on...

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 09:21:47 PM »

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 04:53:56 AM »
Again Phil good to see you catching some fish!!
And your scouting things out for Zelmo when he gets that beast in the water.

Skinny water up here...Hope we get some rain. I got a few places I would like to run this fall.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=wilp1&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

Bait this week seems to be a Ned/ green pumpkin. Just can't catch anything with any size.
Even caught a couple of sunny's. Water was 74 degrees today.
Most of my fish were caught on 1/16 oz Ned rig/dirt. A few were so small I could not set the hook. I also got a couple on a chatterbait.

Online zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 06:56:13 AM »
I had to look that up! If you mean River Front Park, no. ( 40.058645°, -76.611533°) I launched at the one more south called Chickies Rock County Park ( 40.056969°, -76.535671°). Ramp is a little rough. I thought about launching tomorrow at River Front Park (deeper water and where I caught the 15" fish drop shotting), but I caught a lot of fish down river. A little brutal making it up to River Front Park. That is where I started today and worked my way down river. I am going to do the opposite tomorrow.
Right now I am sitting in spots where I often would need to anchor, in the spring. I consider normal 35' Gauge is appx 33'
Phil

I did mean River Front Park.  One of the things I didn't like about what I saw was the hike from the parking lot to the ramp.  I guess if it isn't busy that's not a problem, but with no place to tie up I can see tempers rising if it is.

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »
I did mean River Front Park.  One of the things I didn't like about what I saw was the hike from the parking lot to the ramp.  I guess if it isn't busy that's not a problem, but with no place to tie up I can see tempers rising if it is.
I thought so. One nice thing there, is once launched there is good water there and for about 2 miles south (wild guess). There is a Marietta boat club and south of that is where it gets hairy. Got a couple up there today and 6-7 down where I launch. Nothing special. Probably the last warm rain of the season.
Phil

Online Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 09:47:46 PM »
Most of my fish were caught on 1/16 oz Ned rig/dirt. A few were so small I could not set the hook. I also got a couple on a chatterbait.
Most of the time I am fishing a 1/8 oz mushroom head, not sure what it equates to with Zman.
I got some 3/32 crappie jig heads I might give a try.
Don't you just love that tap tap tap when your reeling back in...little ones are aggressive
Fish on...

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 09:47:46 PM »

Online zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 07:52:38 AM »
I launched at the one more south called Chickies Rock County Park ( 40.056969°, -76.535671°). Ramp is a little rough.

What do you mean about a little rough?  I looked at it on Google Earth and it didn't look bad.  Actually it was more appealing than Riverfront Park for just fishing and would seem to be less used (crowded.)

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 03:31:51 PM »
What do you mean about a little rough?  I looked at it on Google Earth and it didn't look bad.  Actually it was more appealing than Riverfront Park for just fishing and would seem to be less used (crowded.)
I would assume the ramp is a few years old. Though well made one can see time has taken its toll plus the ramp is right in the path of flow. Some rebar and other metal bars are exposed, where concrete has broke away. I did not have any problem launching. I saw a guy launch a G3 the other day. I assume that is a 17 or 18' boat. Probably go out Monday take a few photos of the ramp.
Bunch of dinks again today. However most were caught upriver. I wonder if all the dinks are an indication of a good spawn this year (at least that area)?
Phil

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 03:21:17 PM »
Overall view of ramp

Closeup

Looks like the hardware connecting the segments has rusted. View of upper segments where hardware not totally rusted.

Phil

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 03:29:18 PM »
I am starting to enjoy this area. Until it rains. Then the flow is wicked.

Had to quit because of trolling motor connect issues
Phil

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 03:29:18 PM »

Online Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 09:00:31 PM »
Again...really nice fish Phil.
I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow. Low temp tomorrow morning is supposed to be 42 degrees.
Going to be a cold ride tomorrow morning.
Things are starting to change, the bigger fish are starting to show up. Water temp will soon be dropping and the feed bag will soon be on.
Just need some more water is all.
Fish on...

Online zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 09:01:29 PM »
Rough was a good way to describe it.  ;)

If it works and you are catching fish that’s all that matters. 

Online Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 05:29:13 AM »
Again...really nice fish Phil.
I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow. Low temp tomorrow morning is supposed to be 42 degrees.
Going to be a cold ride tomorrow morning.
Things are starting to change, the bigger fish are starting to show up. Water temp will soon be dropping and the feed bag will soon be on.
Just need some more water is all.
Back porch thermometer = 42 degrees. Sun is going to feel good!

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 05:29:13 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com