108 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Fall Fishing  (Read 3609 times)  Share 

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
Re: Fall Fishing
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2020, 07:54:54 AM »
I swear I posted this last night! I am surprised this is still available, must have good sales. I never telescope it, but you can.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-northern-flight-push-pole-duck-marsh-foot-attachment
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-northern-flight-telescopic-push-pole

I had found that, and to be honest the low price scared me off.  If you have been using it for 30 years that is good enoungh.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2020, 07:54:54 AM »

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2020, 09:02:45 PM »
For a push pole-mostly in the Jon. I have been using an Attwood 10' pole with a hook which was probably from the 70's. Comes in handy
For this new boat, I am probably going to use a piece of black 1 3/8" fence top rail.something that will fit in my rod locker.

River is up 3'...I'm going to try and get out tomorrow morning sometime.

Sunday looks like more rain is coming. 1/4 to 1/2"
Next week looks cold.
The only fisherman you should try to be better than.
Is the fisherman you was yesterday.

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2020, 10:19:40 PM »
For a push pole-mostly in the Jon. I have been using an Attwood 10' pole with a hook which was probably from the 70's. Comes in handy
For this new boat, I am probably going to use a piece of black 1 3/8" fence top rail.something that will fit in my rod locker.

River is up 3'...I'm going to try and get out tomorrow morning sometime.

Sunday looks like more rain is coming. 1/4 to 1/2"
Next week looks cold.

Not just cold next week, there is supposed to be wind with it.  Those are conditions that I am not fond of. 

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2020, 04:27:59 PM »
Not just cold next week, there is supposed to be wind with it.  Those are conditions that I am not fond of.
Both them conditions I'm not fond of either. But the cold is easier to deal with.

I got out this morning...Air temp was 30 degrees and it was windy down on the river, Which I wasn't expecting that kind of wind.
River is currently over 3' with leaves and tree branches floating down the river, Also it is off color. That's a 3 foot raise for us. which is great!!
Water temp is down to 47.2 degrees. I had a couple bites on a hair jig but nothing in the boat.  :)
Baits used today...Ned, whacky Senko, Rebel crayfish and hair jig.

The Jet motor was hungry today  :o

Any thoughts on what to throw when the bite is tough? I like hearing suggestions.

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2020, 04:27:59 PM »

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2020, 09:43:18 AM »
Any thoughts on what to throw when the bite is tough? I like hearing suggestions.

I know that you are familiar with the Willies.  You can try them in the various sizes as well as smaller tubes in addition to what you are already using.  Jerkbaits might also work.

I always have a problem figuring out if the bite is tough or I am fishing the wrong areas.  Back in 2015 I was having a slow day in early November until around noon when I found some fish.  I caught 23 in an hour, all over 18".  When I got back to the ramp everyone was complaining about how tough the bite was.  They were astounded at the luck I had.

I went back to that spot over the next several weeks and it always produced.  Time of day didn't matter nor did conditions.  Remembering that I went back there again in 11/2016 and had the same success.  Needless to say I have tried it every year since but the fish aren't there any more.

Sometimes I think we are just fishing the wrong spots when we aren't catching.

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2020, 06:03:28 PM »
Zelmo
I agree with what your saying about finding the fish. And just being in the right spot.
 This year has been a chore trying to find the fish.

At least now we have enough water we can try and find them stacked behind breaks and points.
A few spots was tough to get to, with the shallow water.

I haven't been able to get a hit with a swim bait or a jerk bait in November.

I don't have any of the Willies but I might have to order some. Dry sure showed us they catch fish.
Phil and you have had good luck with them.

Thanks for your Thoughts.

My next outing was going to be Tuesday, but right now for us...they are calling for rain/snow and wind.
With that combo my coal stove and coffee wins out.

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2020, 10:08:32 AM »
Dry has also reported good luck with various soft jerkbaits or flukes.  I have tried them but never caught anything on them.  I have had luck with small worms on Slider Heads, which I guess you could classify as being about the same.  Also try 4Ē kut tail worms on spider heads. 

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2020, 04:35:56 PM »
Dry has also reported good luck with various soft jerkbaits or flukes.  I have tried them but never caught anything on them.  I have had luck with small worms on Slider Heads, which I guess you could classify as being about the same.  Also try 4Ē kut tail worms on spider heads.

I have been fishing slider heads with a 3-4" Senko worm. And they have caught a few fish.

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2020, 04:35:56 PM »

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2020, 04:38:48 PM »
Got out this morning for about 4 hours...Not a fish. Was just trying some different areas.
Water temp has dropped to 39 degrees.
Actually at least 1/2 dozen boats out on the water this morning.
Still have a dock at the Arch st. launch. Was told they was going to be taken out 3 weeks ago. Happy they are still in.  :)

Imgur was down yesterday, added a couple of pics.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:13:52 AM by Pawatch »

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2020, 05:26:10 PM »
Got out this morning for about 4 hours...Not a fish. Was just trying some different areas.
Water temp has dropped to 39 degrees.
Actually at least 1/2 dozen boats out on the water this morning.

Chipper/shredded leaves and limbs all day but I was tempted to fish due to the cloudy conditions. Now I'm watching Penn State get shredded.
Gonna try it tomorrow...the only issue will be the clear,low water but I'm banking on the clouds to overcome that problem. Danville water temp around 43F.

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2020, 10:08:41 AM »
Chipper/shredded leaves and limbs all day but I was tempted to fish due to the cloudy conditions. Now I'm watching Penn State get shredded.
Gonna try it tomorrow...the only issue will be the clear,low water but I'm banking on the clouds to overcome that problem. Danville water temp around 43F.

Bill

Dry
It was a nice day for fishing, Just need to figure out where they are stacking up. Been trying some deep water spots.
Good Luck today!
Doug

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2020, 02:00:23 PM »
Dry
It was a nice day for fishing, Just need to figure out where they are stacking up. Been trying some deep water spots.
Good Luck today!
Doug

Got out about 11 AM...calm wind...water temp 44F...overcast ... all good but the water had fallen another 6 inches and was clear as glass... not good...I think I could wade across the river if I tried.

Snagged 2 Quillback carpsuckers...

And landed 2 smallmouth...this 3.5 pounder deserved a picture.

Water levels are my problem now for wading...without rain I may wind up back at the range...providing I can find ammo.

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2020, 02:00:23 PM »

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
Hi Bill,

Went out Marietta today. Lost one big walleye and no other action. Just a little wind but it was the dreaded coming up the river wind. Almost in full winter gear!
Nice photographs.
Phil

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2020, 10:04:46 PM »
Dry
Sounds like you might get a rise in river in the next day with this rain tonight. Hopefully it will also cloudy the water a little too.
Again some nice fish! Thanks for sharing!

Phil
Them river runs on them cold mornings are brutal. I have a heavy hooded, wind and rain proof jacket for them runs,makes it a little more bearable.

Zelmo
How you making out with that new boat? Getting settled in with it?

Hope to get out again on Tuesday.

Doug

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2020, 11:20:17 PM »

Zelmo
How you making out with that new boat? Getting settled in with it?

Yes, but I am turning into a real wuss.  I donít want to go if it is too windy, raining, or crowded.  I avoid weekends if possible.  My goal is to get out once a week and if conditions are right I will go more.

Phil was kind enough to go out of Muddy Run with me so I could mark tracks through the rocks.  Even though this rig is a tank I donít want to take any unnecessary chances.  We didnít catch any fish but that wasnít the primary objective. 

I want to try Fort Hunter on either Tuesday or Friday this week but I donít know what to expect for crowds.  I may swing by there tomorrow while I am running errands to see how busy it is.  If itís a zoo I will go somewhere else. 

« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2020, 11:20:17 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com