114 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Fly in ointment - Part III  (Read 756 times)  Share 

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Fly in ointment - Part III
« on: December 04, 2020, 03:18:18 PM »
All week I've had to fight an upriver wind. Today was no exception.
There's a storm coming tonight from the south and west...this AM was quite sunny with minimal wind...but by late morning things were clouding up...so by noon I was with my mistress.
Doggone that upriver wind...it started as soon as the clouds moved in...Air around 48F...Water 43F

In order to avoid dragging up river debris from the wind I went to the diminutive Willie Wannabee on a 1/8 oz stand up jig...making many upstream casts to take advantage of the wind.

Two hours later (I was really gettin' cold standing in that wind) I had landed 7 smallmouth...

Here are 3 different smallies, all weighing in between 3 and 3 lbs 12 oz. ....well worth the "fly in the ointment".

Bill

The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Fly in ointment - Part III
« on: December 04, 2020, 03:18:18 PM »

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
Re: Fly in ointment - Part III
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 10:25:45 PM »
Dry
Again some nice fish! Impressive👍  Your giving me some incentive, Thanks for sharing!

I was tore between boat fishing or bank fishing.
I went out about noon to today bank fishing. The only thing I caught was a low tree limb, even took my Ned  :D
It did get pretty windy and clouded over pretty fast. I walked some new territory today. Anxious to give that a try.
The only fisherman you should try to be better than.
Is the fisherman you was yesterday.

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 07:30:51 AM »
All week I've had to fight an upriver wind. Today was no exception.
There's a storm coming tonight from the south and west...this AM was quite sunny with minimal wind...but by late morning things were clouding up...so by noon I was with my mistress.
Doggone that upriver wind...it started as soon as the clouds moved in...Air around 48F...Water 43F

In order to avoid dragging up river debris from the wind I went to the diminutive Willie Wannabee on a 1/8 oz stand up jig...making many upstream casts to take advantage of the wind.

Two hours later (I was really gettin' cold standing in that wind) I had landed 7 smallmouth...

Here are 3 different smallies, all weighing in between 3 and 3 lbs 12 oz. ....well worth the "fly in the ointment".

Bill
Nice fish!!
Phil

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 07:30:51 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com