109 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: TUNKHANNOCK CREEK  (Read 7734 times)  Share 

Offline KCARP819

• FISH FEAR ME
TUNKHANNOCK CREEK
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »
GOT OUT TO THE TUNK. CREEK BEING THAT THE SUSKY IS THE COLOR OF THE MEKONG. MANAGED A FEW SMALLIES AND TRIED TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT THE BIGGEST SNAPPER IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. HE HAD TO BE 3 FEET ACROSS! HUGE! :o HE WAS JUST WALKING AROUND ON THE BOTTOM. I NEVER DID SE HIM COME UP FOR AIR. I DID SEE A GOOD SIZE SUCKER TWITCHING AROUND SHORTLY AFTER THAT TOO. AND I LOST HIM UNDER A TREE ROOT. THE PIC MAKES HIM LOOK SMALL THOUGH.

HES AT THE CENTER OF THE PIC

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

TUNKHANNOCK CREEK
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
Re: TUNKHANNOCK CREEK
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:36:36 PM »
Nice photos, pretty clear water, did you get a temp reading of the water, was it cold?

Offline KCARP819

• FISH FEAR ME
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:51:40 AM »
WATER WAS VERY CLEAR...MY WIFE WANTED TO GO FOR TROUT BUT IM SPOILED WITH THE ONES WEVE BEEN GETTING ON WINOLA. THERE WERE A FEW SWIMMING AROUND INCLUDING A GOOD SIZE GOLDEN BOW. BUT THEY DIDNT WANT ANY NIGHT CRAWLERS. WATER WAS PRETTY COLD. I DONT THINK IT WAS OVER 70 DEG.

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »
Nice photos, pretty clear water, did you get a temp reading of the water, was it cold?

HD.I was talking to a friend of mine who has a camper at the HANDCOK BRIDGE on the DELAWERE.HES there almost every week.He fishes the weekdays works the weekends.HES a GUARD.WATER is still supper cold,the trout really havent even started bitting good yet.So if your looking for colder water this is the place to be.He said he dont think the waters at 65DEG,yet.I dont know if you ever fished the BIG D up that area.TROPHY TROUT WATERS.YOUR allowed 2 up above and 1 below.Must be 14".I dont catch many under 14".WEEKENDS suck to fish.TOO many drift boats.Ill be fishing HANDCOCK friday evening on my way to CANNONSVILLe.ILL give you a report.If you ever wanted to hit that area i would be glad to show you around.I fish a lot of PA areas on the D,But i also fish a lot of NY areas on the  D also.I bait fish but guys do great FLY FISHING.NEMO use to fish it hard.I miss him on the sites,Hope hes ok.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:37:52 AM by chez »
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »
Chez, yes I'm familiar with the upper Delaware, Nemo goes there all the time, the Cannonsville Reservoir keeps that water cold right through the summer.   I need to make time to take a trip up.

Nemo's doing fine, I fished with him a couple times in May.   I have to pick up some white flies from him and I'll try to get some pics up on here once we start fishing the Susky, which will be pretty soon  ;D

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:05:27 PM »
GLADD TO HEAR NEMOS GOOD.I MISS HIS POST.YOU EVER WANT TO HIT THE DELI FOR TROUT GIVE ME A SHOUT.IM FISHING THAT AREA SINCE IM 17. ILL BE 51 NEXT WEEK.IM CATCHING UP TO FM.LOL.I LOVE THAT AREA.but LIKE YOU SAID GOTTA TRY TO MAKE TIME.WE HAVE SO MUCH FISHING CLOSE TO HOME.THE SMALLIES ARE HITTING BIGTIME IN CANNONSVILLE NOW.2 WEEKS AGO MY SON MATT FLIPPED 1 OF OUR BOATS OVER TO PUT IT IN THE WATER AND A FEW BLACK GRASSHOPERS not, CRICKETS JUMPED IN THE WATER FROM UNDER TRHE BOAT.THEY LASTED A TOTAL OF 3 SECONDS FROM THE BASS.THE LOWER DELAWERE IN THE CALICOON AREA IS STILL COLD TOO.MY BUDDY LIKES TO FISH THAT AREA ON HIS WAY HOME FOR BOWS.BIG RIVER WITH LOTS OF FISH/
                                               GOOD LUCK.
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline BChick

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 09:07:55 AM »
I fish the upper Delaware quite often too it's very difficult to fish. Even in stylesville the water is about 48 degrees it will warm up a degree for every mile that you go downstream. There are lots of big Browns in that river and some really nice rainbows too 14 inches is a small fish for there but it's tough fishing
Bchick

Offline melvinp

• River Rat
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »
I'm new to this forum but an avid  creek fisherman and it nice to see my favorite body of water getting some attention.I'm in the Nicholson area and hope to see some people on the creek this year.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 10:27:29 AM »
My experience with the t-creek is limited to the lower section near Tunkhannock and the branch that cuts up to little rocky glen. How is the fishing up by Nicholson?
FM

Offline brownmk19

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 11:47:35 AM »
I've fished the Tunkhannock Creek in the vicinity of Nicholson for the past couple years, and I've got nothing but good things to say. Some of the water is skinny, but holds surprisingly large bass among assorted suckers, cats and the occasional walleye. I like to wet wade it during the summer. It's a great place to go if the river is too high or just generally unproductive.

Offline melvinp

• River Rat
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 08:56:58 AM »
The north branch of the tunkhannock holds a nice mix of fish pretty much all year round  Early spring you can catch a mix of trout and starting in the middle of may you can catch just about anything that the river holds(Bass,bluegill and green sunfish,Trout,fall fish and suckers,walleye and very once and a while a musky that is chasing a food source and cant forget the cats )I Think ive even seen a shad once.

Offline FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 09:41:53 AM »
One time I was walking the shore along the big hole at Bardwell and saw three musky all in the same little spot. They looked to be just basking in the sunlight. I did cat h a northern pike just above the rt 92/307 bridge in Tunkhannock.you left out carp, lol, and.my personal favorite rock bass.
FM

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 09:41:53 AM »

Offline melvinp

• River Rat
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 02:48:13 PM »
I hope to sneak out of work and drag some giant fluff balls with my fly rod today at the mouth under the 29 bridge .

Offline johnfries7

• River Rat
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »
this weather is killin me, im getting all the run off from you guy up north, the river is clear but raging, getting rain tomorrow guess I gonna have to wait

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 05:06:46 PM »
"giant fluff balls"   :o  streamers ?

The creeks have decent flow now, a little rain won't hurt, I'll probably hit a small creek tomorrow.

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 05:06:46 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com