130 Guests, 4 Users

Author Topic: TUNKHANNOCK CREEK  (Read 7453 times)  Share 

Online fishfinder

• fish hard, bend your rod
Re: TUNKHANNOCK CREEK
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »
One time I was walking the shore along the big hole at Bardwell and saw three musky all in the same little spot. They looked to be just basking in the sunlight. I did cat h a northern pike just above the rt 92/307 bridge in Tunkhannock.you left out carp, lol, and.my personal favorite rock bass.
FM
Was that in early spring that you spotted those Musky? Last year I was fishing the wysox right after the in season stocking and I came across a four of them right along the bank. I assumed there were in there chasing trout and was determined to catch my first musky. I threw everything I had at them and they didn't care....turned out they were in the creek making baby muskies lol. Was like watching national geographic, the females dropped the eggs and males did their thing. Was really neat watch.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »

Online FM

• Captain of Da' Bait Team
  • Administrator
  • Life is Good on the Susky
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 09:48:21 AM »
Great observation! It never occured to me that they might be there spawning. I have had pairs of musky or northern pike broadside the shore when I've been catfishing. These were obviously engaged in the spawn.
FM

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 01:38:18 PM »
I ran across this on Pa. Fly Fish.com of all places:
http://timesleader.com/sports/618716/pa-fish-and-boat-commission-making-changes-to-muskie-management-on-the-susquehanna-river

“The North Branch of the Susquehanna River was right up there with some of the best musky rivers known in the country,”

Offline melvinp

• River Rat
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 04:37:01 PM »
Yea henrydavid they are streamers using steve Farr blend about 6 to 8 inches long tied on a   5-0 & 7-0  circle hooks.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 04:37:01 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com