107 Guests, 3 Users

Author Topic: Large Mouth Bass LOCATIONS?  (Read 6171 times)  Share 

Offline plops97

• Knauby
Large Mouth Bass LOCATIONS?
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:19:16 PM »
Hey guys I'm starting to get back into fishing again! I Don't know where to go to find Large mouth at in the river. I'm currently in York so I don't want to be driving to far up the river or down the river. Does anyone have any good spots on the river to go? I do have boat but its a Bayliner Capri... with no power trim motor. So I can't get into some spots. If anyone can give up some good spots I'd so happy! Thanks!
Got everything I would ever need... and no place to go.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Large Mouth Bass LOCATIONS?
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:19:16 PM »

Offline CatfishJones

• Fishing with Grizzly
Re: Large Mouth Bass LOCATIONS?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:27 AM »
If you're in search of largemouths, you need to target lakes. Very few, if any in the Susquehanna. Especially down in the southern branch
Keep your lines tight and your drag set!

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
yOU SEEM TO HAVE TOO MANY CONDITIONS ON WHERE YOU WANT TO DRIVE AND WATERS YOUR BOAT CAN RUN ON FOR RIVER FISHING IN MY EYES.
I WOULD TAKE CATFISH JONES IDEA AND FIND A NICE LAKE NEAR YOU HOME THAT YOUR BOAT CAN RUN IN.tHERE ARE VERY FEW LG.MOUTHS IN THE RIVER UP MY WAY HERE ON THE NORTH BRANCH.AND I DONT SEE MANY POST ON LG.MOUTHS IN THE RIVER DOWN YOUR WAY.
tHE SUMMERS HERE ON US.pUT SOME SHORTS AND OLD SNEAKERS ON ,GRAB A FEW CLIPPERS AND CRAYFISH FROM THE RIVER AND DO SOME WADEING FOR SMALLIES.i THINK YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME.
                                      good luck.
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »
Why fish for largemouths, you can find fiesty smallmouths throughout the river.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »

Offline zziipp

• A LIL LESS BITCHN AND A LOT MORE FISHN. "ZZIIPP"
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 03:59:07 PM »
hit a lake if you want to target largies. cranks,worms ext. in the day in the deeper areas and at night i would target the shore area and around cover with jitterbugs. chugbugs and top water lures.some times at night i even like to try shallow running cranks or floating rapalas along the  open shore areas.
WAIST HIGH IN WATER AND KNEE DEEP IN FISH.LIFE IS GOOD.
                          "ZZIIPP"

Offline Gundog

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:02:13 PM »
I agree with the advice of targeting smallies but if you are interested in largemouths the only advice I can give you is to find places out of the current. Most of the largemouths I catch in the river (and I only catch 1 or 2 a year) come in coves or areas behind a current break such as a point or island. Fish directly behind it where there is no current and maybe you'll be lucky to catch one. Don't expect it to be big. All of the ones I've caught were about 1 pound or less. Good luck.
There's a fine line between fishing....and standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 11:43:19 PM »
I'm wondering if the original poster isn't confused?   Thinking bass in the river, so, largemouths, maybe he just doesn't realize when we fish the river for bass they are smallmouth bass, not largemouths.

Offline zziipp

• A LIL LESS BITCHN AND A LOT MORE FISHN. "ZZIIPP"
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 04:06:03 AM »
over all my yrs of fishing the susky ive only caught a handful of largies in my area of nepa. and the few ive caught where around dead water by islands.what got me this yr was when andy got a perch and that was the first id seen one come out of the susky. and than a buddy of mine said he watched a couple of guys throwing spinners take about 10 perch from an area out of the susky in the spring and he said he wouldnt have believed it if he didnt see it. and he said a couple of them were around the 15" mark and were fatties. and then one of my nephews seen a guy catch a couple out of an area. anybody else hear of any perch being caught in the susky?
WAIST HIGH IN WATER AND KNEE DEEP IN FISH.LIFE IS GOOD.
                          "ZZIIPP"

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 04:06:03 AM »

Offline jonsie

• River Rat
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 11:26:02 PM »
Not sure about perch, but I know you can catch largemouth at Goldsboro. I have friends that target them certain times of the year. Mostly fishing with frogs in the weeds.

Like everyone else said - it's easier to find them in lakes.

Offline BLT

• River Rat
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 04:36:14 PM »
Don't forget creeks also. I caught a nice fat 18" LMB in one of the creeks around my house (on a 1/32 oz. jig and #6 jig hook,  with a 1" green/white Gulp alive minnow lol).  Largest small mouth was also from a creek @18.5".    I use really lite weight jigs/hooks in teh creeks. Also catch them on Crappie jigs I make.

Offline Jigginjohnson

• Guy who catches fish
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
Mostly on the end of my line
CPR unless its a tasty walleye!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com