113 Guests, 9 Users

Author Topic: Questions bout my boat  (Read 1627 times)  Share 

Offline miller17015

• River Rat
Questions bout my boat
« on: May 20, 2015, 07:49:36 AM »
Okay i need some input here i have an old handy down 12' sea king i believe the reg card say 1969. it was my great grandfather's and my dad bought it at the sale of his estate when he passed. After several summers on the lake as with him he retired it due to a small leak and he got tired of rowing it because he never bought a battery for the small motor. I bondo the small leak and painted it camo for duck hunting but after buying a kayak it became my bass boat. it isnt a very deep on flat bottomed and is just big enough for two, 12' long i think and has a small trolling motor on the back that runs off a 12v. i have no idea the size of the motor all i know is that on a very windy day it has trouble, but on a calm lake it moves fine. Now that im getting into catfishing i notice that below the york haven dam it doesnt seem to fast moving of a current i could be wrong. i was just wondering if my small motor an boat would do okay below the dam. i also have to oars with it which i have used before when needed. im just more less looking to boat out and drop anchor and fish not move up and down the river all day from one place to the next i know that the motor would never take the fast moving current but as far as below the damn how would i fair? i am looking into sometime buying a little larger boat with a bigger motor but right now with 2 truck payments bills and rent i dont feel like having another payment to make.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Questions bout my boat
« on: May 20, 2015, 07:49:36 AM »

Offline muskyhunter05

Re: Questions bout my boat
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 09:39:24 PM »
A small boat with electric is very possible. You just have to be safe. Always wear your PFD. Carry a whistle to flag down other boats if you get in trouble. Always go upriver so if your battery dies you can float back to the ramp.
Keystone Outdoor Addiction

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Re: Questions bout my boat
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 09:39:24 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com