115 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: Finally  (Read 319 times)  Share 

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
Finally
« on: April 21, 2021, 04:31:34 PM »
I havenít posted recently because I didnít have much to report.  I have been exploring new water and havenít been very successful.  I havenít been skunked but would only get a few per outing. 

Yesterday I went to one of the deeper pools that I know well.  From first light to 10:30 I picked up 4, all around 14Ē.   At that point the sun was up enough to see rocks well so I headed to an area up river where I canít take the fiberglass boat. 

I picked my way through some rocks and dropped the anchor in fast water.  After some probing casts with a swimbait I had one on.  It measured a little under 20Ē.  I figured out that it came from a shoreline eddy off the fast water. Casting to the same general area I got 4 more.  I then moved about 25 yards downstream and picked up another 5 on the same pattern.  So that made 10, the smallest being 18Ē in an hour and a half.

I would have liked to explore that area more but I had to get home.  When the weather improves I want to go back to see if the fish are still in the same area.  Now that I have an idea of how the rocks are scattered around I can get there earlier and spend more time. 

Rick

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:43:16 PM by zelmo »

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

Finally
« on: April 21, 2021, 04:31:34 PM »

Offline Pawatch

• River Rat
Re: Finally
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 04:56:23 PM »
Zelmo
I have been wondering how you was making out with your new boat. I'm sure there has been some trail and error with the water depths and figuring out what water level you need to run in certain area's.
We put quite a few skinny water miles on my friends River Pro the other week. Probably was running 1.5'.
"Williamsport to Lock Haven"
Sounds like you had a nice day fishing...with some impressive numbers.
I have been seeing some impressive fish caught down your way.

Being retired, some days I go out and fish just 1-2 lures to see how I do. Knowing if I was using some other lure I probably be catching more fish. I enjoy that...

Thanks for the update!!
The only fisherman you should try to be better than.
Is the fisherman you was yesterday.

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 06:18:02 PM »
I havenít posted recently because I didnít have much to report.  I have been exploring new water and havenít been very successful.  I havenít been skunked but would only get a few per outing. 

Yesterday I went to one of the deeper pools that I know well.  From first light to 10:30 I picked up 5, all around 14Ē.   At that point the sun was up enough to see rocks well so I headed to an area up river where I canít take the fiberglass boat. 

I picked my way through some rocks and dropped the anchor in fast water.  After some probing casts with a swimbait I had one on.  It measured a little under 20Ē.  I figured out that it came from a shoreline eddy off the fast water. Casting to the same general area I got 5 more.  So that made 10, the smallest being 18Ē in an hour and a half.

I would have liked to explore that area more but I had to get home.  When the weather improves I want to go back to see if the fish are still in the same area.  Now that I have an idea of how the rocks are scattered around I can get there earlier and spend more time. 

Rick

I then moved about 25 yards downstream and picked up another 5 on the same pattern.
I saw an AlumnaRyder at Penns Creek yesterday. I did not see the boat but I recognized that trailer design! Nice day you had!!

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 08:45:02 PM »
Thanks guys.  I made that post using my phone and somehow it got messed up.  I fixed it.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 08:45:02 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com