Author Topic: Boats VS Waders  (Read 7019 times)

Offline HenryDavid

• White Fly Maniac
Boats VS Waders
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:00:16 PM »
Does anyone know the boating regulations regarding launch areas ?   I had one nuisance boat that went by twice within 1/2 hour this evening.   The 2nd time they were heading up river and had me dead on in their sites.  I had to signal with my flashlight until they veered off.  This was around dusk, they had no running lights, no lights at all. 

I understand that boats need to get up speed to avoid hitting rocks but there was plenty of room in deeper water and no reason in my mind to be going so fast approaching a launch area.  I was tempted to set them straight on my way out but thought better of it. 

There are safe and sensible boaters out on this river however I have witnessed quite a few clowns.  The 1st time this nut passed through there were several kids in tubes and another wader in the vicinity, the boater had no regard for anyone.  I was pretty steamed when I came off the river and really want to confront them.  If I had it would've been 3 young turds against a skinny old guy, I wanted to smack their heads off the boat ramp.

Offline zziipp

• A LIL LESS BITCHN AND A LOT MORE FISHN. "ZZIIPP"
Re: Boats VS Waders
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:55:02 AM »
Should have written there registration number down and called the pa fish cops. They might not have fined them. But it might make them think twice the next time.
WAIST HIGH IN WATER AND KNEE DEEP IN FISH.LIFE IS GOOD.
                          "ZZIIPP"

Offline zziipp

• A LIL LESS BITCHN AND A LOT MORE FISHN. "ZZIIPP"
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 07:03:53 AM »
Might not even be their boat. Could be dad's and he doesn't know what they are doing.
WAIST HIGH IN WATER AND KNEE DEEP IN FISH.LIFE IS GOOD.
                          "ZZIIPP"

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »
NEED RUNNING LIGHTS,,,LAW ANY MOTORBOAT ,,GREEN AND RED FRONT ,,WHITE IN THE BACK.
LIFE JACKET FOR EVERYONE ON BOARD AND AT LEAST 1 THROW CUSION,WHISTLE OR OTHER SOUND DEVISE AND SHOULD ALLWAYS HAVE A FIRE EXTIGUSER ON BOARD.THE FIRE EXTIGNGUSER IS FOR BOATS OVER 16' I BELIVE..

BRING A GUN NEXT TIME,,,,,THEY GET CLOSE SHOOT THE ONE DRIVING IN THE FACE,,,
THEY WILL LEARN.
PISSES ME OFF THE DISRESPECT SOME PEOPLE HAVE FOR OTHERS.

STAY SAFE HD......
MAYBE YOU SHOULD TURN A HEADLAMP ON WHEN BOATERS ARE IN THEV AREA AFTER DARK.
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 08:27:25 AM »
We have had this discussion elsewhere many times.
Generally speaking, boaters should avoid wade fishermen...that seems to be common sense...but in very shallow areas if a wader is in a deeper chute it would be dangerous for the boater to come off plane in shallow water.

Boats are required to have lights after dark (it is the law) and waders should have a light also (common sense).

The rules for using PFBC access areas for anything but boating/canoeing/kayaking seems to give rights to the boaters only...wading, swimming, tubing and fishing are not really allowed.

http://fishandboat.com/images/pages/qa/2004/05-11tubing.htm

http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/pfbcproperty.html

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline slammer

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »
Chez pretty much hit All regulations for being onboard boat.......also there is a no wake zone at all public pa fish and boat commish launches. I'm not sure how far it extends around  launchs. 

Offline chez

• SLAMMIN THE SMALLIES
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 08:44:08 PM »
your the man SLAMMER,,IM STILL WITH SHOOTING HIM IN THE FACE.... ;) ;)
ON MY INDIAN RUG,AND A PIPE TO SHARE!!!

Offline BonScott78

• FISH ON!!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:54 AM »
I think a lot of the disrespect comes from the younger generation - we had 4 or 5 kids last weekend swimming in the river about 10 feet off the front of our docks, they had enough and decided to come up for lunch - not 15 minutes later we had a jet ski come through doing about 40 MPH right where those kids were swimming...driver was a 20 something female!

They either don't know the rules of the water, or they really to care!  :-\
Fishing…The way to a man’s heart is thru his FLY!