• River Rat

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

New Record
« on: January 14, 2021, 07:36:34 AM »

Online Pawatch

• River Rat
Re: New Record
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 09:08:02 AM »
Couldn't even imagine catching something that big. From what I understand the fish was caught in Maryland but on the Susquehanna.

Thanks for sharing!
The only fisherman you should try to be better than.
Is the fisherman you was yesterday.

Offline icemole

• River Rat
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 09:23:10 AM »
 A few "minor" errors in the article....The state record was held by a Flathead caught out of Blue Marsh Lake spillway for the longest time. It was beat this year briefly by the one out of the Susky which was shortly beat by the Schuylkill fish...LOL.

And they were originally unintentionally stocked by the Pa Fish Commission.... seems some got mixed in with channel cat shipments back in the 90's.

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 10:03:10 AM »
A few "minor" errors in the article....The state record was held by a Flathead caught out of Blue Marsh Lake spillway for the longest time. It was beat this year briefly by the one out of the Susky which was shortly beat by the Schuylkill fish...LOL.

And they were originally unintentionally stocked by the Pa Fish Commission.... seems some got mixed in with channel cat shipments back in the 90's.

The fish in the article was a state record for Maryland.  It was caught in the Susquehanna near the Lapidum ramp which is below the dam.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 10:03:10 AM »

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 10:25:15 AM »
That thing is an eating machine...how many young walleye and smallmouth do you think these things eat...my guess is quite a few.

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline zelmo

• River Rat
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 10:46:57 AM »
That thing is an eating machine...how many young walleye and smallmouth do you think these things eat...my guess is quite a few.

Bill

I know that in some states you are supposed to kill them if you catch one.  Do you know if that is true in PA?

Offline Phil Sweeney

• River Rat
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 11:35:34 AM »
I know that in some states you are supposed to kill them if you catch one.  Do you know if that is true in PA?
My understanding is the PFC initially asked anglers to kill all that are caught. But eventually figured that would not solve the problem. I am inclined to think we should kill them. I started to think that way this summer. It may be an effort in futility. But maybe we can control the herd.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 11:35:34 AM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com