112 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: Fall Fishing  (Read 12511 times)  Share 

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Re: Fall Fishing
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2020, 05:37:00 PM »
... or they don't like what I'm serving, Haven't figured that out yet.  :)

In that picture of the down-fall...the river looks a lot like where I wade. Depth? What's the bottom like?

If I might suggest dropping down to 6 lb. test diameter line and smaller baits...in 40 degree water I find the smaller profile is more productive

In the Chillee Willie line of baits (which I love) the Big Willie is the biggest...try the Willie Wannabee in cold water and fish it slow. The lighter line and longer rod will give you more distance.

I may make a dozen or more casts over the same water...then cast a little upstream and show it to them from a different angle. They need to be coaxed and teased when they're cold.

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2020, 05:37:00 PM »

Online Pawatch

• River Rat
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2020, 06:37:41 PM »
Dry Thank you for the advice!
I was fishing Bass Pro Shop 6lb but was getting a lot of breaks. I then switched to Berkly Trilene big game green 8lb. But I wasn't exactly in love with it.
I then switched to McCoy Mean Green 8lb and have been pretty happy with that. The 6 and the 8 lines look real close when I compared them.

Currently have been fishing a lot of Ned's...1/10 weight with 1/0 hook,
I did try fishing with a wee Willie today on a 3/32 jig head but the wind was bowing my line quite a bit. I should have moved up to 1/8 jig head maybe.
Also will probably start fishing 1/8 hair jigs more. My boy ties them for me.

The water today was 3-4' with some 5-6' pockets I'm guessing. Bottom more mud and some moss than rock.
Was a lot of weeds this summer.

Thank you again for all of your suggestions!! I Will eventually get things dialed in.
The only fisherman you should try to be better than.
Is the fisherman you was yesterday.

Susquehanna River Fishing Forum

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2020, 06:37:41 PM »

SuskyFishers-Bottom

Advertise @ SuskyFishers.com
Copyright 2018 SuskyFishers.com