Susquehanna River, Questions & Comments > Susquehanna River Boater

Walmart Deep Cycle Battery

(1/3) > >>

Phil Sweeney:
Just had a deep cycle battery fail bought April 2019. My neighbor said he has had more than one from Walmart fail after about a year. He will not buy a Walmart battery! I thought I would get some prorated credit but still have a Walmart battery. Any experiences there?
Phil

zelmo:
Sorry but I can't give you any feedback on that battery.  What I can say is that over the years batteries have been a real PIA for me. I now have 3 Sam's Club Duracell 31 AGMs.  Going on 3 years now and just as strong as when new.

Phil Sweeney:
Never had a early failure. Do not know what Sa is? I don't think I am going back to Walmart. Just one more reason to not like Wally World!!
Phil

zelmo:

--- Quote from: Phil Sweeney on May 30, 2020, 07:32:36 PM ---Do not know what Sa is?

--- End quote ---

Grrr.  That is the problem with using mobile devices to post.

1iarrowking:
I bought my 2012  Rockproof in Dec 2016.  In the spring of 2017 I bought a new Ultrex trolling motor and two new Group 29 deep cycle Everlast batteries purchased at Walmart to power it.  The boat has an on board charging system that I keep plugged in all the time that the boat is not in use.  I have that Ultrex running almost constantly for 5 or 6 hours of fishing on the river and have never run out of power.  East Penn Manufacturing, the manufacturer of Deka batteries and the largest employer in Berks county, is only about 12 miles from my house so I know quite a few people who work there including a cousin, who have told me some of the names that go on the batteries.  Deka makes Walmart's Everlast batteries.  Deka only makes so many different batteries and the only difference within any group is the labels that go on. Deka has a factory store where you can buy really cheap seconds if they have any seconds of what you need.  If they don't and you buy a first you'll pay $20 - $30 dollars more than the same battery at Walmart. Had I bought those Group 29 batteries with a Deka label or lots of other labels they would have had a one year warranty.  Walmart gives a two year warranty.  About 8 or 9 years ago I was about to go on a trip with my travel trailer and found it had a dead Group 27 battery.  I was in a hurry so I ran over to Deka which is closer than any Walmart and figured Walmart might not have the right one.  The Deka store not only didn't have a second, they didn't have a first.  So they sent me to their huge warehouse a couple of miles away but I paid $99 at the store and showed my receipt at the warehouse.  In that warehouse are thousands of batteries with no labels.  I showed my receipt to a foreman and he said it would take about 10 minutes to get one and label it.  Of course it had a Deka label and a one year warranty.  The next time I was at Walmart I check the batteries for shits and giggles, there was my Group 27 battery with an Everlast label for $79 and a two year warranty.  Hope you enjoyed the story.

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version