Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Susquehanna River Smallmouth Bass / Re: June
« Last post by zelmo on Today at 03:42:18 PM »
How much rain did you get yesterday?  I heard Williamsport got hammered, but the prediction for the HBG gauge hasnít changed. 
For Sale / Wanted / Re: Boat,motor, trailer for sale
« Last post by DRY on Today at 02:34:56 PM »
Sold the boat, motor and trailer today.
Interestingly...it was sold to a father and son team...as was the canoe several weeks ago.
They want to use the boat on Raystown and on New York lakes. The son is an aluminum welder so he had no issues with the leaky rivets.

I am now boatless...after 45 years...I am ambivalent   :-\ ...but I am relieved they both sold.  :)

Can't wait to start wading again this winter.  ;D

Bill
« Last post by Pawatch on Today at 12:59:19 PM »
This morning at first light I headed for the same spot that was so good last week.   I started with the swimbait that had worked so well and caught fish on my first two casts.  Naturally I had visions of an epic day, only to have the fishing gods smack me.  Those were the only ones I caught on that bait the rest of the trip. 

I managed to pick up a few more on tubes and worms, but when I didnít have a bump for over an hour I headed for the ramp at 11:00.  Final tally was ten.   I really thought it was going to be a better day but the water temp was down to 73.  I guess that was the big issue.
This morning was a bad morning with that front coming through. I was out this morning and not a whole lot of bits. So don't feel bad.
« Last post by Phil Sweeney on June 14, 2021, 08:54:13 PM »
Rick,
I would have been back there the next day! If the grandkids did not want to go swimming.
Phil
« Last post by zelmo on June 14, 2021, 01:35:20 PM »
This morning at first light I headed for the same spot that was so good last week.   I started with the swimbait that had worked so well and caught fish on my first two casts.  Naturally I had visions of an epic day, only to have the fishing gods smack me.  Those were the only ones I caught on that bait the rest of the trip. 

I managed to pick up a few more on tubes and worms, but when I didnít have a bump for over an hour I headed for the ramp at 11:00.  Final tally was ten.   I really thought it was going to be a better day but the water temp was down to 73.  I guess that was the big issue. 
Susquehanna River Smallmouth Bass / Re: Noobie looking for smallies
« Last post by Phil Sweeney on June 14, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »
Another good area at Marietta is River Front Launch. You can position better with kayak there in various locations (anchor shallow areas and cast to deeper stretches) and fish in deeper waters. Chickees has crazy shallow areas and I prefer overcast days there. When the water gets low, I actually will launch at River Front and later load up and go to Chickees. It is nerve racking to go that stretch in the boat.

An anchor is necessary at Marietta. there is always good flow there! typical is 35' right now a little over 36'
Phil
« Last post by Pawatch on June 13, 2021, 06:22:42 PM »
Got out this morning before the stormy weather. Was a slow start, but picked up some.
Ended up with 1/2 dozen legal bass with the big one 2.36lb. "All bass was released"
Quite a few under 11"  :)

Looks like the river is going to go up 1.5' from the rain which is good.
« Last post by Phil Sweeney on June 12, 2021, 07:33:44 PM »
 ;D
« Last post by Pawatch on June 12, 2021, 07:30:18 PM »
Good to see you 2 getting after them with Swimbaits.
Might start fishing them a little harder. And go to a lighter color.

Phil that's a tough problem to have bending hooks  :D

Going to try and get out tomorrow morning before the storms hit.
« Last post by Phil Sweeney on June 12, 2021, 05:36:06 PM »
Phil: the swimbaits were on the minnow head, but I don't think that mattered.  Roundhead probably would have worked the same as long as there was a catch for the bait.
They were bending my #4 hook on the 3" 3/32oz switched to 4" 3/16oz. those eagle claw hooks are wimpy, I guess I should ease up a little. To boot on a fiberglass rod I am using because I broke one!! Lost 4-5 caught 19. BTW not spending much on gas. Usually do not go on weekends but i could not resist.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10