Author Topic: 5/20 Swarta Creek  (Read 344 times)

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
5/20 Swarta Creek
« on: May 21, 2021, 08:17:45 AM »
Put in at Swarta Creek about 8:45 AM the west shoreline .  The water was very stained and we started out fishing up the creek to the third bridge.  First fish of the day was a 12 incher very quickly then a dink up at the third bridge.  We then moved out in to the river and fished the west shore line until 3:00 PM.  We caught a lot of little dinks and and a 12 incher late in the day.  We threw everything in the tackle box and caught on a variety of bright colored crank baits and swim baits with glitter.

The older I get, the better I used to be.

Offline DRY

• Catch, Photograph and Release
Re: 5/20 Swarta Creek
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 05:23:57 PM »
I presume you mean the Swatara Creek (known by locals as the "Swatty"). It empties into the Susky on the east side of the river in the Harrisburg/Middletown area.

In the 80's I knew some guys from that area and we made several canoe floats on the upper portions of the Swatty. Main catches were rock bass, sunnies and creek size smallmouths back then.

Last time I fished my local trib all I found was creek smallies. Trib water has fallen fast and we are at summer levels already.

Bill
The hours spent fishing are not subtracted from the lives of men!!

Offline 1iarrowking

• River Rat
Re: 5/20 Swarta Creek
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »
I presume you mean the Swatara Creek (known by locals as the "Swatty"). It empties into the Susky on the east side of the river in the Harrisburg/Middletown area.

In the 80's I knew some guys from that area and we made several canoe floats on the upper portions of the Swatty. Main catches were rock bass, sunnies and creek size smallmouths back then.

Last time I fished my local trib all I found was creek smallies. Trib water has fallen fast and we are at summer levels already.

Bill

That's where we were.  I misspelled it.  We were there about 3 or 4 weeks ago and caught the same two fish I think.  The water was more clear then but seemed about the same depth.  We caught a lot more out in the river this trip but they were all about 8 to 10 inches except the one that made a foot.
The older I get, the better I used to be.